Telangana State, the new-born state of the incredible country India, it is the 29th and fast developing state. After a struggle of 66 years, the people of Telangana finally took a breath of relief and ray of hope was born of the people in the year 2014 when the TELANGANA BILL was passed in the PARLIAMENT. Then after on 2nd June 2014 Sri K.Chandra Shekar Rao has sworn in as the first chief minister of TELANGANA State. There started their governance having so many up’s and very fewer downs. Telangana state previously had a count of 10 districts and now after 2 years from the formation of the state, govt. Of Telangana state has first decided to increase the number of its districts for its better administration and development. Telangana state previously had Ranga Reddy, Medak, Adilabad, Mahaboobnagar, Hyderabad, Nalgonda, Warangal, Nizamabad, Khammam, Karimnagar.
- Now they have primarily had a figure of 14-17 districts which on demand were increased to 28. There was a press release of the 28 new district maps too but then the final number of districts which will be ready by this Dusshera are 31
- The division of the districts is done with intense research of the infrastructure and the geological insight. Dept. The chief minister of Telangana Mr.Mahmood Ali addressed the media saying ”The new districts are being created not for political needs but for better administration and overall development of all the areas in the state. A huge exercise was done for the purpose. The CM himself spent a few months on a reorganisation of districts by holding marathon meetings with Cabinet ministers and senior officials. New districts were decided on scientific grounds and not on political grounds”
- The new districts are SIDDIPETA, WANAPARTHI, MEHBOOBABAD, NAGAR KURNOOL, SURYAPETA, ASIFABAD(KOMARAM BHEEM), JOGULAMBA GADWAL, NIRMAL, SIRISILLA, VIKARABAD, SHAMSHABAD, KOTHAGUDEM, MANCHIRYALA, PEDDAPALLI, YADADRI, JANAGAMA, BHUPALPALLI, SURYAPETA, MALKAJGIRI, KAMAREDDY. With the old and this additional 21 districts, TELANGANA STATE comprises of 31 districts in total
- Telangana state now has 31 new districts, 21 new Revenue divisions,119 new mandals, 98 new tanas, 28 new circles’, 25 new subdivisions.
- However there is a lot of buzz in and around the state regarding this issue but as the decision of the chief minister is final, one has to accept the supremacy of the state.
- And not forgetting the grand celebrations in the state, the cabinet has already planned the festival of Dusshera and day-1 of the newly formed districts in a grand way. The CM himself has decided to start 2 new districts SIDDIPETA and MEDAK the rest of will be started by the cabinet members and the local MLA MP and Leaders.
- The new districts will be in work from the first day of opening itself
- The point to be noted is, as KOMARAM BHEEM’s native, Asifabad is now becoming a district, the govt has decided to name the district on his name.